List of Speech Topics
Famous speech topics you can use.
Here's a list of speech topics - 10 of the most popular and effective speech topics throughout history.
- Freedom. Throughout history, freedom speeches have ignited hearts and fanned the flames of revolution. Pick the right angle and they can do the same today.
- Human rights. Human rights speeches have led to equality before the law and respect for all persons. There's still more to be done.
- Service. "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" (John F. Kennedy). Service and selflessness make great speech topics because they encourage people to strive for higher ideals.
- Religion. Deep-seated truths and beliefs are integral parts of many lives. Speak to them and you're sure to captivate.
- War. During World War II, Winston Churchill rose to the top as one of the world's greatest leaders and speakers. Fighting war and oppression help this man become great.
- Hope. Churchill also spoke of hope during war. Martin Luther King, Jr., spoke of his dream. Use hope as your topic, and encourage people to dream.
- Patriotism. National unity builds nations. Patriotism builds great speeches.
- Morality. No, not puritanical hell-fire, but honesty and integrity.
- Education. Be it the importance of education or education reform, education speeches appeal to the knowledge and desires of audiences.
- Progress. "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" (Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon). Some of the most famous phrases ever uttered deal with the progress of the human race.